“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” AESOP
Our Core Values (SHINE)
• To be the defender, promoter and champion of others.
• To be considerate and act with a balanced view.
• To do the right thing whilst nobody's watching.
• To foster and encourage growth.
• To seek first to understand, then to be understood.
No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart. Our mission is to shine the light on the road ahead to make a meaningful difference where others may have not. The Pohl Foundation aims:
- To provide financial support to people, animals or things.
- To be culturally and contextually bound; and act with unwavering empathy.
- To ensure support that encourages satisfaction through effort, not attainment.
- To embrace curiosity, creativity and creation.
To become recognised over the long-term as an institution that provides meaningful support to those requiring assistance; whilst kindling a smile along the way.
The Pohl Foundation aims to provide many, small acts of kindness. We have a broad mandate, rather than a focused one, and through our family networks and relationships we hope to perform neighbourly acts of kindness.
Organizations that have been supported by the Foundation are shown below and include A Sound Life, the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital and the Art Gallery of New South Wales (AGNSW) where the foundation has sponsored the restoration of a number of paintings. Recent AGNSW conservation projects include the The foil which was gifted to the Art Gallery of NSW by the artist’s family in 1943 and The Prospector which was painted by Julian Ashton in 1889. Click here for further information on the restoration of the paintings featured below.